Is juice a healthy drink for children?
Fruit drinks are high in sugar, and so is 100% juice. Vegetables and fruit are better choices than 100% juice because they contain more fibre. Children can fill up on juice and not be hungry for healthy foods.
- Offer vegetables and fruit to eat instead of juice.
- If offering 100% juice, limit to 125 mL (1/2 cup) per day.
- If offering 100% juice, serve in an open cup as part of meal or snack.
- Avoid fruit drinks and other sugary drinks.
- Offer only water between meals and snacks.